Hervey Bay Dive Centre operates the regions only dedicated whale swim experience between July and August;(from September onward our tour moves to a whale watch only due to the number of calves which we cannot swim with).
This exclusive experience is an incredibly special opportunity to watch & swim with one of natures most majestic mammals, the Humpback whale, a curious, gentle and trusting creature.
Each sighting is different and every whale swim unique and personal. People that have swam with whales often describe the experience as "life changing". Our cruise maximises your opportunity to swim with the whales. Our boat departs from the Dive Centre on the Boat Club Marina with limited passengers/swimmers (max 12) and is crewed by our experienced local skipper and friendly crew making for a more personal experience. Whilst our tour focuses on swimming with the whales there is plenty opportunity to watch them in the best whale watching destination in Australia.
For the whales comfort we only snorkel with them as they're not keen on bubbles. We provide you with a wetsuit, snorkeling and safety equipment.
- Adults: $150
- Family: $410 (2x adults & 2x kids)
- Kids (4-14yrs): $110
Not suitable for children under 4 years old.
- All inclusive whale watch & swim* tour.
- Exclusive experience with limited passengers numbers for a personal experience.
- Tea / coffee and refreshments throughout the day.
- Snorkelling gear and wetsuits are provided.
- Courtesy transfers from your Hervey Bay accommodation.
- Guaranteed whale sightings*.
What to bring
- Your towel and swimmers
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Warm jacket
- Camera, GoPro etc