The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course requires five dives.
Important skills are learnt during this course to provide you with the skills and knowledge necessary to become a truly independent diver... you'll begin to think like a diver.
Dives which is a must in this course include:
- Advanced deep dive to a depth near 30m
- Advanced navigation dive using a compass and the surroundings
Then you select from a wide range of Elective Adventure Dive choices for the remaining three dives.
- Advanced Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Advanced U/W Digital Imaging
- Advanced Drift Diving
- Advanced Underwater Naturalist
- Advanced Search and Recovery
- Advanced Fish ID
- Advanced Shark Awareness
- Advanced Night Dive*
- Advanced Wreck Dive*
Step 1: Complete theory component of the PADI Advanced Open Water course is all self-study of the relevant chapter in the “Adventures in Diving” manual to the Advanced Adventure Dive you did! Real Easy! (the manual is either a book or PDF version). There is a Online “E-learning” version which a is the more expensive option for the theory.
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course: $550 (5 dives, 2 days with night dive)
- PADI Advanced Open Water Course: $595 (6 dives - 3 days)