We are all acutely aware of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting restrictions put in place for the health and safety of everyone. Thankfully Australia has been spared the worst of it and the government continues to ease restrictions which is great for the tourism industry and particularly Hervey Bay's whale season. The Dive Centre is excited to open bookings again but is very aware of the risk the virus poses, the wellbeing of our guests and crew are our top priority. As such we have implemented a number of systems, policies and training procedures to minimise the risk of infection while interacting with our business. Here's an overview of the current situation...
- Diving: Good news! ex-HMAS Tobruk Dives, local wreck dives and PADI dive courses have recommenced!
- Whales: Our whale swim and watch tour will commence on July 18th. Bookings are open now and filling fast.
Action we've taken
The Dive Centre has invested heavily in implementing a comprehensive COVID-19 safety plan. Measures actioned include:
- Outlined a COVID Safe Plan inline with Queensland Health guidelines.
- All crew have trained and gained their certification in the COVID Safe Training Program.
- Our marina office, dive prep area and vessels MV Utopia and MV Arcadia have been prepared for social distancing and with extra hygiene measures.
- We have increased our cleaning practices and schedule.
- When possible cashless payment will be encouraged.
- We are encouraging all guests to download the COVID Safe App.
What can you do?
- Practice social distancing by staying 1.5m apart and avoid close physical contact.
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and water - before and after eating, and after going to the toilet.
- Regularly sanitise your hands using the stations provided.
- If you must cough or sneeze cover it with your elbow.
- DO NOT visit our office, board our vessels or join a Dive Centre activity if you:
- are feeling unwell
- are presenting with any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a cough, sore throat, fever etc
- if you have recently (within 14 days) traveled overseas or to Victoria
- if you have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 or to anyone whose is unwell
- If you are unable to attend a booked tour or activity due to restrictions or illness please contact us asap. We have implemented a flexible cancellation policy to account for COVID-19 affected circumstances, see below.
Flexible cancelation policy
In these unprecedented and unpredictable times we understand that plans may change due to reasons out of your control. With this in mind we have implemented a flexible cancellation policy. Simply put, if you can't make your booking due to illness or travel restrictions we're happy to reschedule or refund your booking without any cancelation fees.
However, we do ask that you respect, that as a small business sudden cancellations can have a big impact, so please provide as much notice as you can. You can call us on 0481 776 001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
It is up to everyone to help stop the spread of COVID-19. When participating in Dive Centre activities please:
- respect the directions of the ship master, dive master and other crew - they may direct you inline with government guidelines and do so for the safety and wellbeing of everyone.
- understand that the Dive Centre has the right to refuse entry to anyone they deem a risk to other guests and/or crew.
- be aware that the decisions of the ships master is final and he/she is lawfully able to direct you in the interests of the safety of the vessel, guests and crew.
Thank you for your understanding and support during these times. Stay safe and keep practicing that social distancing!
If you have any questions please email email@example.com